- Christina James (RMN) Based in London & Birmingham
- Director of Sanitas Hub Ltd
- Speaker for the Royal College of Nursing
- Consultancy for St Johns Ambulance
- Award in Education and Training (AET)
- Mental Health First Aid Instructor: MHFA Adult & MHFA Lite, Higher Education MHFA
- Introduction to Cognitive Behavioural Interventions (Level 6)
- Recovery Based Working with Voice Hearers (Level 6)
I am a retired Mental Health Nurse and a Consultant for St Johns Ambulance. I decided to work as a Mental Health Nurse, when people close to me experienced mental health issues. I wanted to understand these issues and furthermore to learn what I could do to help.
After several years of working as a Registered Mental Health Nurse both on wards and in the community, I realised that friends, family and colleagues of people presenting with mental illness had a role to play in the healing process.
Thus, in 2014 I made the decision to train as a Mental Health First Aid Instructor. In the last 6 years I have delivered Mental Health First Aid courses to large corporate companies, and also presented at various conferences and conventions throughout the UK.